Monday, September 16, 2019


The highly-rated RB Leipzig forward only signed a new deal last month but that has not stopped speculation linking him with a big-money move next year



Former Germany midfielder Michael Ballack believes Bayern Munich will renew their interest in RB Leipzig striker Timo Werner next summer.

Ballack, though, believes Werner is likely to move on sooner rather than later, with Bayern likely to be at the front of the queue for his services.

The 42-year-old, who made 157 appearances for Bayern between 2002 and 2006, told TZ: ""He has expressed his gratitude to Leipzig with his contract extension. But I think next year a switch to Bayern could be on again.”

Speaking after putting pen-to-paper on his new deal last month Werner said he “didn’t exclude anything” when asked about the possibility of moving abroad in the future, though he was keen to stress his commitment to Leipzig in the short term.

Werner has developed into one of Germany’s most feared strikers since making his debut as a 17-year-old for Stuttgart in 2013.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Follow by Email

Popular Posts

Blog Archive